- Family Law
- Immigrating Law
Alyana Abellar has focused her career in family law, zealously advocating for her clients, and passionately serving families and children. She concentrates her practice in dissolution of marriage, parentage/parental responsibility cases (formerly known as custody), post-decree cases, and child support matters. Alyana understands the intricacies of each case, the stressful nature of family law, and her client's needs so she takes a personal approach with each client, ensuring that they get the best representation. When possible, she works hard to reach amicable resolution of contentious matters, and when not possible, she passionately fights for her clients in court.
Alyana grew up in the Philippines before permanently moving to the United States. She earned her Juris Doctor Magna Cum Laude from Michigan State University. While in law school, she participated in the Civil Rights Clinic, advocating for victims of civil rights violations. Prior to and during law school, she worked for a Florida law firm where she gained extensive knowledge by working on complex divorce cases, intricate child custody and support issues, criminal law and probate. Right after passing the bar, Alyana joined a general practice law firm where she continued helping families by practicing family law, probate and immigration law.
Prior to joining Blacha Law Office, L.L.C., Alyana was an Assistant State Attorney for Kane County, advocating for Healthcare and Family Services and focusing on child support issues. Alyana is a member of the Kane County Bar Association.
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of the Philippines
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: English
- Illinois, 2019
- Labor and Employment Issues in Transactions, Business Restructuring and Workforce Reductions, IICLE, 2022 Ed., 2022
- Child Welfare Law: Neglected, Abused, and Dependent Minors, IICLE, 2021 Ed., 2021
- Kane County State's Attorney's Office, Assistant State Attorney, 2022 to 2023
- Mevorah Law Office, Associate Attorney, 2019 to 2021
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award for Torts, 2016
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award for Immigration Law, 2019
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award for Trusts and Estates, 2019
- Jurisprudence Achievement Award for Sales and Leases, 2019
- Kane County Bar Association, 2019 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney